WEAPON POLICY AND COSPLAY REGULATIONS
ACCA staff and building management shall have sole discretion in any matter that they believe may affect public safety or be important to protect the integrity of the event.
Hate symbols are not permitted at ACCA, including as part of cosplay, and ACCA will not allow costumes that contain hate symbols or appropriate the symbolism of hate groups, including, but not limited to, historical/comic-related/satirical costumes that are associated with Nazis.
Please review our entire weapons policy before attending ACCA. Failure to adhere to our policy may result in your item being confiscated or your removal from the show without refund.
If you’re bringing, buying or selling something that could maim, damage or cause serious bodily harm, we’re going to take issue.
All weapons and armor must be checked by Peace Bonding upon arrival at the show.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE FORBIDDEN FROM ACCA:
- Functional firearms (this also includes air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns)
- Realistic replica firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms)
- Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons and water guns)
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades)
- Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, hockey sticks, clubs, nunchaku, baseball bats)
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass and glass)
- Instruments that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenades, whistles and grenade horns
- Aerosol mustard
At the discretion of security onsite, the following may be allowed:
- Lightweight Plastic and Metal Shields
- Lightweight Plastic/PVC Props/Lightsabers
- Toy guns as long as they do not look like real ones, cannot function or shoot projectiles and have an orange tip on the barrel. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-colored caps.
- Prop bows will be allowed providing all arrows have soft tips made of foam or cardboard and the bow itself is de-strung. If it is not, our security team will be de-stringing the bow.
- Prop weapons will be allowed providing they are composed of foam or cardboard only. Prop firearms are allowed only if they cannot be mistaken for real weapons. The barrel of all prop weapons must be covered with brightly-colored caps. Prop bows will be allowed providing they have soft tips.